Wednesday, June 28, 2023

BESTOWED

 


BESTOWED

 

Beautiful my house roof concert,

Brick walls, plastic paint coated,

Bedroom floor carpeted soft win,

Cushions on the mahogany bed,

Pillows foamed luxuriant living,

Disturbed past midnight, wake up,

Fully awake at a loss, felt clueless,

Vanished sleep, curious, surprised,

On the balcony discovered heavy rain,

Lightning and thunder hail storms,

My shivered spine got wet instantly,

Back to my bedroom, consequently,

Rest on my bed, listening to noises,

Heavy shower shuddered heart,

Strike thought devastatingly now,

In front of the house, a thatched hut,

Knew well paddy straws destroyed,

A family man, wife, three children,

Water must be poured into the room,

Soaked to the bone, get tortured,

The thought was sickening discovered,

Felt fortunate my bedroom was safe,

Water cannot penetrate wind,

The warmth, blanket, air-conditioned,

How lucky my life than people saw,

Homes like that of in front of countless,

This storm today night lives sad,

Thinking unlucky lacking my house,

That night cursed thoughts pricked me,

Found life childless wife with her dad,

Attending her sick father aged too,

Children in distant lands working,

Loneliness was killing felt remorse,

Even if rain troubling neighbors differ,

Family life warmth binds all close,

Dawn breaks and hoped sunshine,

Empty my home ghostly silent hunting,

Hunted not by fear but melancholy,

No children noise disturbances plenty,

The house would have to smile, electric,

God has graced whom I or neighbor,

Tears I felt welling up their life I prefer,

Let Lord give me poverty but family,

Enough children to crowd my bosom,

Willfully we would dance in the rain,

Sound with white noise raindrops,

Jubilant sighting of toads jumping,

Their horse noise is loud and scintillating,

Wiped tears, rolling, yes, Lord plays,

Give luxury, comfort, and wealth, yet deprived,

 My wife is calling in the morning angry,

Demanded to be with her to assist,

Reluctantly I intimated the job, permit a little,

Working, no permission to leave office,

Cursed her life, helpless husband unfit,

Expressed her sad life father is sick,

Alone with her dad, tired, restless her life,

Smile a bit never replied to her strife,

Though she curses her fate, accusing,

Looked through the windows locality,

Innumerous houses families are living in,

Living alone widows husband no more,

Cursing Lord stealing her love cruelly,

Her heart urging for her husband crippled,

Even blind or deaf, crippled acceptable,

Twosome lives leading bestowed mumble,

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Bestowed

Themes: Perplexed life at gifts of the Lord

Written: 28th June 2023, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

 

No comments: