Friday, July 29, 2022

MAGNANIMOUS

 


MAGNANIMOUS

 

Remembering childhood, naughty,

Never could find how mischievous,

Demanding only contact was Ma,

Angry now and then, fight with her,

Dawn breaks, sleeping soundly, alarmed,

Mother was shouting school time,

Angrily from the start, search for breakfast,

Cried often missing the dish I liked,

Forgets water bottle, called back,

Homework, notebooks she watching,

Found unanswered questions, notes,

Shout at me, furious, threat to inform,

Inform dad of punishment waiting,

Life was tearful, crying before her,

Forgive mom this mistake complete today,

On return, soiled dressed, bruised,

Forcibly washed, ointment on a scar,

Sleep out home in cycle with friends,

Pleasure drive to park, bazaar, fields,

Out of town, a forest, hill tracks, tricked,

Friend circle gets picnic, miss homework,

Result day feared a black day, threatening,

Most scrutinizing, mom was sad and silent,

A day so torturous for me, promise her,

Forgive Ma, this time, shall do better,

Demand new dress on puja, pen, notebook,

Pen and notebook were given minus dress,

How many occasions did I fast run to the road,

Mom was sitting at the door without lunch,

I tore her saree and threw toys, costly items,

Angry, my parent willfully left me at home,

Later I used to find out about their visits,

To market, films, relatives’ house,

I made her life so miserable then,

Mom fails to comfort me, knowing her false promises,

Threatened repeatedly to run from home,

Threw dinner to the road, slept hungrily,

Tormented her unending got what I wanted,

For higher education, she sold her ornament,

I left for college, rarely replying to her letter,

Now I understand I was worrisome,

I succeeded in life with bright results, merit,

Lucrative post, high salary, affluence,

Busy day and night, dream career, promo,

Hardly find time to visit home, missing ma,

Luxury, comfort in life I desired earnestly,

Floored before me, I am tired of dreaming,

Best dresses, tasty cushiness, gadgets,

Costly, does not matter, I could spend,

Happy today, satisfied with life in luxury,

Honor for qualification experience,

Discovered today a letter from ma,

She wrote, sick these days, got weaker,

Plundering my childhood in thoughts,

Streaming continuously, my mischief,

Her love, care, immortal, divine, touching,

Shaken innermost fibers and nerves, I was crying,

Ma, forgive me for forgetting you,

My carrier, assets, gadget, luxurious life,

Blinded O’ ma, me for long, I neglected,

Age is telling upon you, nothing else,

How many fasts, torn cloths, selling bangles,

Poverty hunted you mercilessly, ignored,

Ignored your comfort, happiness,

I was your dream, Ma, your prayer to God,

Today you succeed in growing your son,

Fit to face this harsh world, handsome,

Everything of success in life, I owe to you,

Packing for home, recounting you,

Ma, your magnificence, was uttering silently,

Your existence for me is only magnanimous.

 

@ Bijayananda Mishra

No comments: