Saturday, December 23, 2023

CHRISTMAS

 




CHRISTMAS

 

Olivia Monroe, the gentle lady decent,

Her birthday was celebrated ninety recently,

Neighborhood gathers love her much,

She was a school teacher living touch, (1)

 

Lost her husband a decade ago, sickness,

Children visit unfailingly life impresses,

They sing and dance, Mom silent tears,

Children are happy, prosperous sheer, (2)

 

Grandchildren a few prick tease jokes,

Laugh festive Christmas cake smoke,

Listless events tiny cottage beautiful,

Gentle garden, flower-bedecked full, (3)

 

Happiness winter mist morning walk,

Olivia, my friend, I am younger, talk,

Our life stories entwined surprisingly,

My life as an engineer children spring, (4)

 

Went abroad couple alone neighbor,

We visit her, family visits, a bit sweetly,

Visited her home today, I met her children,

Played with grandkids, liked to frighten, (5)

 

The evening was with hot tea biscuits lot,

Aromas of minted cakes tears avert,

Knew Olivia will be lonely very soon,

Her abode her life memory a cocoon, (6)

 

Christmas season to be united revive,

Human life, childhood to adult, drives,

The immensity of lust-hankering desires,

Human mood Christmas do inspire, (7)

 

Erases frustration and lost hope, regains,

I played my violin and sang like insane,

There was silence, peace, awareness,

Hugged children their uncle impress, (viii)

 

The evening lighting electric a song,

Why do humans become alone or long,

Remembrance is noticeable, unique, lit,

Different each year, story, life excites, (9)

 

Like or not Christmas New Year fit,

Million human planning event neat,

Arrival experiences we dream of now,

December last week, a year fade vow, (10)

 

Lord is supreme, believe, lives accord,

Genuine desire capability live record,

A child's dream gifts many at dawn,

Separation goodbyes sadly frown, (11)

 

Left it was late at night, had dinner good,

Bade goodbye to Olivia, good mood,

She caught my hand and whispered, slow,

You hide tears my loneliness I know, (12)

 

Tomorrow, children will leave a plan,

Mr. Mishra, I am a teacher of fewer scans,

My husband left yet children with me,

This Christmas sweet to me supreme, (13)

 

I love them, live for them, life is formal,

Christmas is not a season lives magical,

Phenomenal love relationship, a bond,

A time human waits a whole year, fond (14)

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Christmas (Fiction)

Themes: Time life celebrate and for remembrance

Written: 23rd December 2023, Cuttack

@ Copywrite 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: