Sunday, January 14, 2024

BELIE

 



BELIE

 

Confess, convey, contemptuous,

Life passed, lied and lied, focused,

Ever dignified my attempts sad,

Hidden locked inside soul mad, (1)

 

Saved, innumerable instances,

Lied to teachers, parents, fences,

Hidden blunders play innocent,

My life, sole witness not decent, (2)

 

I told the children, students, friends,

Not to tell lies, truthful trends,

Thousand words on honesty lit,

My past life attitude links defeat, (3)

 

Even today, tell lies boldly fit,

Ignoble character cherishes light,

You know how to escape right,

Belie my lies hidden to delight, (4)

 

Fooled throughout my life hell,

Convinced all they trusted tell,

Trusted teachers, my parents,

Trusted by children, torrents, (5)

 

Trusted senior officers, friends,

Lies were part of my life fends,

Fag end of my life visit the temple,

The stone idol my Lord simple, (6)

 

I pray before him, voice socked,

My prayers to the Lord, I joked,

Lies and lies I sought pleasure,

My desire salvation but leisure, (7)

 

Belie my practice prejudice wit,

Play devoted sing hymn delight,

Twilight Year acknowledge way,

Belies the longing lives long sway. ( viii)

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Belie

Themes: human exhibit hypocrisy

Written: 14th January 2024 Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: