Wednesday, January 10, 2024

QUIETUDE

 



QUIETUDE

 

Freezing cold night, it was late,

Decided to walk the street desolate,

No one visible, not even dogs,

Doors closed, windows closed,

The surreal sense of lost identity,

Felt my existence like a spirit,

Enjoyed the name Fame Family,

Now evaporated from me exist,

Not abnormal ignoble evil spirit,

Not distinguished personality,

Not linked to people my generation,

Not respected by neighbors person,

A dense condensing cover,

Walked silently on the street,

The quietude unearthly touched,

Why do humans fight arguments,

Why the noise busy life bruised,

Mind plays a life acts like a slave,

Fulfill dream endless encounter,

Looked at the tall buildings tower,

Monuments of human desire,

Now silent and resilient to luxury,

Let the night darkness pass soon,

Tomorrow, opportunity lurks, boon,

Laughed, walked further, stood,

Siren an ambulance passing,

The night some on fighting for life,

Prayed Lord for the unknown,

A pet dog hungry thrown out,

Sitting on the pavement hungry,

Lacks human voice tell agonies,

Felt sad no way can change the fate,

Next lane, then to the left, I moved,

The first home I knocked on the bell,

My daughter was surprised to call,

Papa, at this odd hour? What happened?

Hugged me tightly, she observed,

You are cold, but...

Quietly, I replied to meet her,

A month passed not seeing her,

Wanted a cup of tea it was eleven,

She drove me back home silently,

The hour quietude was memorable,

A link to the past and my daughter.

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Quietude

Themes: An event memorable

Written: 10th January 2024 Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

  

 

 

 

 

No comments: