Monday, July 10, 2023

DAUGHTERS

 



DAUGHTERS

 

Etched in the heart a moment,

Distinct that lasted a lifetime, vivid,

The birth of a daughter fulfilled a dream,

Wordless to coin a word, emotions,

Father's heart, those seconds unique,

The happiness a void eliminated soon,

Writes out of the world completeness,

She grew up upbringing, I devote honestly,

Rejoiced her success learning well,

Her laughter, demand, complaints, fun,

Relished life of father noticed well,

Induced family culture, customs too,

Humble by nature, silent she preferred,

Her merit, talents like milk and water,

Pride could not touch her heart or ego,

Cooperative spirit, hardworking life,

Simplicity, her shield won hearts,

Admired, got applause, her degrees,

Advanced in life age browning effect,

The daughter grabbed a career job,

Her affluent life single years rolled on,

She got married outside of religion,

Did not inform her parents of her wedding,

When we heard about her marriage,

Socked me, and my wife, speechless,

How could she decide her life,

Unilateral her decision bypassed us,

Established us, unimportant, clearly,

Heartbroken, her mother cried a lot,

Strengthened me, self-assured,

Failed to digest the event accepted,

Look at my son, never given attachment,

He knew this sister got everything,

But fortunate we couple, he respects us,

Felt guilty, never demanded attention,

Well, his care, devotion, concern for us,

Never criticized his sister, not taking,

 He got his job, respectable post, lucky,

We solemnized his marriage happily,

The day we received a daughter-in-law,

Beautiful, slim, voice soothing and kind,

Well qualified decides housewife life,

Stunned by her attentive care service,

The home changed soon to be a sweet abode,

Her behavior, culture, and graceful demeanor

Imprinted on our hearts her love and remark,

Watching her mother-in-law contented,

She prays for her daughter-in-law.

Once, I taunted her about our bride,

She looked at me, replied got a daughter,

My daughter-in-law is my daughter,

Till my last day, she is with me, my belief,

She is not that soul to betray us, my son,

Her divine stint in married life, beautiful,

She never expected loving parents-in-law,

The home amalgamated once devastated,

Inking my life, daughters are rivers, seemingly,

If a river breached embankment wrecked,

Other one flowing serenity matches paradise,

Daughters, if one denounced, other surprises. 

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of the Poem: Daughters

Themes: Inking my life, daughters are rivers only

Written: 10th July 2023, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

  

No comments: