Thursday, July 20, 2023

FEARFUL

 



FEARFUL

 

Uncle invites us to offer a delicious meal,

Favorite dishes Aunty prepares well,

We siblings crowd him to greet him often,

Undoubted grab chocolate gifts a lot,

His children are our closest friends, love,

Uncle was our neighbor, remembered well,

How soon time passed days golden,

The innocent heart pleasure and fun,

Houses adjacent, we mingle frequently,

The higher study, we left our home a future,

Future, we children made, educated,

Destiny dragged us apart far-flung,

Hardly we could meet each other,

Festive occasions, occasional visits,

Visit Uncle and Aunty positively,

The reminiscence gets alive to tear,

We hug our uncle and talk a lot about our lives,

Gossip encircled him, served mixtures,

Intense discussion queries his replies,

Uncle was educated, highly talented,

Had a flourishing business, a bookshop,

Voracious a reader knew the best novels,

Knowledgeable about the globe,

His advice was golden and helped all,

We recount our stories of we benefited,

That was summer heat father was sick,

I had been to visit home to help my dad,

Stayed for a few weeks and treated him,

Gradual and slowly, he was recovering,

Heard uncle is in hospital critical,

Lost his consciousness shifted soon,

Doctors were attending watchful,

Warned for every hour, important,

His survival depends on these hours,

His children have returned home,

Aunty was desperate and worried a lot,

My uncle survived, my father is well,

It has been a month forced me on leave,

The diagnosis of my father and uncle,

Alone sitting in the bedroom reading,

Socked to see the cause ailment of both,

A similar cause for sickness uncle critical,

His heart found to be troubling him,

Fearing a heart attack doctor warned,

My father had kidney trouble cured,

His liver is not now normal in medicine,

Warning for both I got astonished,

Strong warning not to touch alcohol,

Individual doctor for Dad and Uncle,

Both advised me drinks to be stopped,

Advised Uncle, I kept my distance from wine,

I feared Dad never dared to question,

A few investigations I discovered soon,

There is a wine parlor nearer checked,

Dad and uncle's close friends and visiting,

For decades and regular customers,

Checked the log register my fingers trembled,

Came to know now realize a catastrophe,

It stroked both decent retired citizens,

Know could have faced paralysis or death,

Thanked Lord, both survived fate,

Chilled my spine how to control them,

Not children but senior lives respected,

Aunty and Mom took responsibility,

Fearful from that day to wine a monster.    

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Fearful

Themes: Fearful of wine possibly kill

Written: 19th July 2023, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

No comments: