Thursday, July 6, 2023

SAD FAREWELL

 



SAD FAREWELL

 

A loner, long years withered quietly,

Accommodated loneliness silently,

Knew it was my decision and firm,

Let not me have children, a family,

Preferred to be single passed years,

Occasionally hunted a past, tears,

Why do people marry? why not for life,

Life is meant to tolerate, cooperate,

Digesting rebuttal angry outburst,

Passing quiet night sobbing, moved,

Found with mother intense caring,

The heart was loving divine shine,

Infinite capacity to tolerate blame,

Humiliations from a family, poor,

Caustic on her upbringing rustic,

Disliked my mother, her silent nature,

Wished her husband with long life,

The only son of my mother and father rude,

Got a meritorious scholarship for study,

Lightning stroke on our life suddenly,

Mother passed out in her bed sadly,

I felt alone from that day Dad remarried,

My relationship with my father was cut off,

I studied on loan higher education,

Established in time, hate family life,

Feared my vein blood flow linked,

Linked to my father, tortured mother,

My childhood only witness faced agony,

Reminiscences tortured me and reminded me,

Missing my mother passing years,

Age at half-century birthday arrived,

Offered a tiny dog with fascinating colors,

Puffy whitish patch, bright dark eyes,

I favored and accepted the gift,

Found a new friend in life, engaged,

Her care food walking in the morning,

She grew fast, and a year is over now,

She has become part of my life,

Office work hard labor tired at home,

Relaxed by her friendly shout jumps,

Hugged and licking fondly obeyed,

Sit on my lap silently during the evening,

She walks with me in a nearby park,

Goes with me to malls for marketing,

She traveled to many places during the tour,

No problem, less I faced difficulty,

Understanding attached a bond unique,

Surprised my life is never alone,

I have dinner, she touches her food,

Wait till I sit on the table and dine at night,

I sleep, she sleeps near me comfortably,

She is my alarm clock in the morning,

Bark softly awake me up duly happy,

Use to walks in the morning, she relieves,

Her bath heal care life entangled,

It was my retirement day, and she died,

Her sickness unknown quick demise,

I buried her in the backyard open ground,

A cement pedestal I built for memory,

Her death, the day was unforgettable,

Covered the place with flowers and sat quietly,

A sad farewell to my only friend, kin.  

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Sad Farewell

Themes: Demise of a pet dog

Written: 6th July 2023, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

 

 

No comments: