Thursday, July 13, 2023

FEVERENTLY

 



FERVENTLY

 

 Look at glass towers, skyscrapers,

Kissing sky eyes lost in clouds,

Touching seemingly the rooftops,

Towering the sock sat quietly,

Air-cooled the parlor and conserved myself,

Kept secret that belongs to the world,

Existing my life and world diametric,

Opposite villages surround greens,

Awestruck b now the glittering world,

Asphalt streets moving cars strike,

Looking through glass windows,

Jaws open, staring eyes the noise,

An obscure township has grown,

Phenomenal growth short time,

Countless crowds milling and busy,

Sat for an hour and checked the address,

Found the house meant to visit,

Hired a taxi shown address to him,

Near high rise building with a compound,

Reached the place to meet my friend,

Service holder in the city and settled,

Family with two sons and a daughter,

His wife was educated in service too,

The attires gait demeanor is suave,

Polished the crisp interactions politely,

Could know surprised I sense,

The best friend of my childhood,

Schoolmate completed till graduation,

Together our youth interlinked,

He grew up in a rural landscape with rustic,

Simple and hardworking belief in life,

But it was absent the eyes differ,

Sensed I was meeting strangers,

Time changed, and changed the town,

Changing livelihood lifestyle and many,

That strikes me suddenly get uneasy,

Polite, yet eyes were speaking unwelcome,

Sadness gripped me unexpectedly,

Never could know people are different,

Looked at a child offered tea,

Later clarified her as a domestic servant,

Bright eyes, shiny black hair,

The sweet round face of the girl rural,

Illiterate washing dishes sweeping the floor,

Sleeping on the floor with a pet dog,

I was informed that she was an orphan,

I requested my friend for the girl,

Agreed to adopt and give education,

Dissatisfied and vexed kept hiding his anger,

He informed and bought at a high price,

I could know he bought this child,

I gave the cheque with that money,

Returned home with the child,

Registered as my daughter,

How happy my children befriended,

She attends the school in uniform,

Her smiles, the dimple, shiny hair threaded,

My wife, I caught her tears she was hiding,

She reclined on my shoulder and thanked me,

Loved fervently, a compassionate heart. 

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Fervently

Themes: Fervently honor deprived

Written: 13th July 2023, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

 

No comments: