Wednesday, August 24, 2022

DELIRIOUS

 



DELIRIOUS

 

Youth visits spirit was like a deer,

Restless, I was running madly,

Impatient to satiate curiosity running,

Brimming energy, able limbs,

Eyes alert, endless, insatiable hunger,

Mingling with people enjoying company,

Allure fun, laughter, group song, dances,

Festive seasons celebrate mood travels,

Mirth visible watch the celebratory crowd,

Forget pain, miseries, fever, hunger,

Effulgent happiness floods festival over,

Ears hooked to the occasion, memory stays,

Sang my life song of life felt pleasure,

Unlimited wanting heart small enough,

Throbbing goaded rebellious to be calm,

Running in the day at night disobeyed,

Never listened to elders searching my world,

Beautiful youth springing to challenge,

Meet future plunder wealth at my will,

Wealth was my strength, health, vitality,

Successful in a study made life good,

Settled family life adulthood socking,

Never thought, suffering these days a lot,

Sapping inner strength diminishing energy,

Weak I got feverish, medicine fails,

Unknown disease bed ridden delirious,

Blanks mind thinks next dawn far,

Limbs tramble, cold, reason failing,

Bedridden, dark in my room, light hurts,

Closed windows, air fail to tolerate,

Thinking my youth, vitality superb,

Sickness stole my life, still stealing hope,

Desperately wait, night endless,

Absent sleep, worried, tensed mind,

What will happen tomorrow, ever recover?

May I see tomorrow’s dawn sun rays?

Inhale fresh air lungful, watch healing,

Exertion, fatigue, tension culprit,

Sleeplessness, worried life, waiting for the end,

Culprit myself, not my fate or destiny,

Ran for gold, blindly I ran, minted,

Hard work, the family lost me, now I think,

Workaholic, I shall get success,

Complete projects got applause, ovation,

Melted everything today into thin air,

Plead my darling to recluse soon,

Disclosed my wish to her, let me die,

Let me die amidst nature, I request,

Soul mingles with wind wilds gets freedom,

Dreaming greens, meadows, waterfall,

Dreaming forest canopy of fog thick,

Disappear within trees flowery,

Sleep on a velvet grass field, wildflower,

Colorful wildflower for a day fragrant,

Smiling knows tomorrow is too far,

Fallen flower, my spirit, matching,

My beloved with me, in a wheelchair,

Kept my request, hill station here,

We are roaming within nature,

Miraculous recovery, healing silence,

Clean air, the freshness of life abundant,

Comparing me to a wildflower,

Delirious unreal happiness overwhelms.

Delirious state in a dark room, forget,

I realized like never before.

 

@ Bijayananda Mishra

 

 

No comments: