Tuesday, August 30, 2022

NADIR

 



NADIR

 

When I got conscious about my heart,

Treasure trove dark chamber mine,

Never could know, exactly a moment,

It came, stayed for the rest of my life,

The path of life eloquent poem,

I drink the elixir of love to satiate my heart,

Rests for night darkness world disappear,

Ecstatic glow worms I visualize,

Watch astonishingly dream weaver,

Spider nest my desires etch nets radial,

Crisscrosses spider net, heart trapped,

Mind mushrooming lust around me,

Lusts till twilight years unfathomed,

Could not measure the depth of nadir,

It was nightlife span wide pitch dark,

Sweetest honey I was sucking,

Forgot the bright sunshine inviting,

Forgot noisy world attractive enticed,

Forgot wisdom nature is an eternal teacher,

Waiting for freshness, wind, water, skies,

Evaded pleas willfully, drunk heart,

Nadir, I discovered at youth paradise,

Touch of soft skin, thrills spread,

Aroma, body smells fragrant, artificial,

Visible for me, heart rosy with petals,

Wine, tasty cuisine, amorous plays,

Nadir canopied my life youth distant,

In late adulthood, I felt pain immensely,

Writhes fragile limbs, heart cries,

Outcry stunned me, was my heart,

The place was heaven for me, so long,

Heaven is the place of permanent joy,

How come; tortured-heart unwinds,

Spider net fades, a spider is dying,

The canopy of lust covered, life melting,

Acute pains, sick limbs, guess an end,

Now, only now, my sight at the past,

I listen to a whisper deep within,

O soul, you are escaping from nadir,

Dark dungeon that captures you,

Your chains are breaking automatic,

Soul metamorphoses into a butterfly,

The freedom will taste unlike desires,

Rose is a human life with petals,

Inner rows of petals create nadir,

Soul lives like a captive in the body,

Next rows of petals exhibit wisdom,

Elevated soul drinks, not honey, nectar,

Aware of the nadir that captures life,

Nadir, only human frame portrays,

Beauty skin deep magnetic attract,

Iron speck butterfly clings thronging,

Nadir O’ human, your frame is a prism,

You have seen a color spectrum only,

Realize, adhere to the second row of petals,

The freedom you have, O soul, move up,

The next row of petals gives happiness,

Unreal in this world, everything dies,

Surreal is happiness, eternal,

Your beautiful colored wings fade,

Still, you like time in nadir desperate,

Newborn, rose, you got a butterfly trapped.

 

@ Bijayananda Mishra

 

 

 

   

No comments: