Sunday, October 30, 2022

PRODIGY

 



PRODIGY

 

Writes life story ecstatic unexpected,

Sealed once the camber in my heart,

Heard woman's life is weak, a creeper,

Depends upon her parents, brothers,

Alert to sentiments of life partner,

Seeks mother children's sympathy help,

Desperate for love from in-law parents,

Little tribulations from elders in-law home,

Knows pretty well a mature mind soon,

Automatic senses decency a chain,

Customs of the family frame culture,

Advised sunlight never to touch the skin,

Confined to home predators threaten,

Strange calls knock at odd hours stealth,

Illicit intention tries to trap the mind,

 The human heart, by nature, love, and smiles,

A woman learned sooner cautioned,

Watchful Disaster may happen, clueless,

A sudden, shockingly incident happen,

Shakes of family life disbelieve time,

Those loved, once praised, intimate,

Distanced so soon forget character,

How society families accept so easily,

Unfounded blame and attack on actions,

Disbelieves young woman suspected,

Blood dear elders brothers harbor,

Distances so quickly little consider,

My life is a woman seasoned all,

loved a guy, educated, meritorious,

Handsome, far gentle with manner,

A scholar, I fell in love, knew well,

Poor fellow, but his father is  a driver,

My family was affluent, business good,

Rejected outright the marriage,

After my wedding to the poor guy,

Life began with pleasure turned sour,

Pretty askance n heart for assets, gold,

In-law parents were demanding a lot,

Husband helplessly evading knowingly,

Sacred a love marriage found cracks,

I complained mildly, temper rising,

A cool aloofness I felt unbearable,

That was after a few years of marriage,

I preferred to be single with service,

Learned that woman's life is not weak a fighter,

The capacity she tolerates is phenomenal,

Decades of teacher-ship as a professor,

Understood how to lead a life alone,

Parents had forgotten me, it surprises,

Unequal life exists less discussed,

People love women to sacrifice dreams,

Absorbs inequality in every dimension,

Write today my life never believed,

Life in the dark corner seals a tunnel,

An opened hole could see the other end,

There is light so assuredly inviting too,

I found an orphan child dropping out,

The meritorious girl was a scholar,

Want of money, she was leaving study,

Adopted her legally financed till the end,

Today is my retirement day from university,

Students gave a touching farewell,

My child is an administrator now,

A respected officer with driver assistants,

Where shall I go? I joked with her,

Enough ma you suffered no more,

The prodigy is here to hug you,

If God exists, I see the embodiment.

 

Title of Poem: Prodigy

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Theme: Opportunity lies

Topic: Fiction

Date 30th October 2022, Cuttack

@ Copywrite Reserved

 

No comments: