Tuesday, October 11, 2022

SECONDS

 



SECONDS

 

Write my emotions crushing,

Felt like missing these days a presence,

Parents no more lone soul,

Languishing in solitude in pain,

Incredible nature is attractive,

Inviting incessant my soul to merge,

Merge with wet winds morn moisture,

The aroma of rain-soaked fields,

Humming bees to amuse the mind,

Sleep on the ground, inhale freshness,

Never alone forget solitude,

Happy families, parents, children,

You passed high school with flying colors,

Everything was moving slowly,

My childhood and youth vividly,

Slow motion pictures floated pricked,

Dear girl, once we were friends,

How close our life schooldays,

You went to medical college far,

I struck with aged parents here,

 An only child for them life compelled,

Force conscience to serve parents,

Father expired a few years after,

Mother and son, our world is sweet,

Find the job of a school teacher,

Our small home is peaceful for both,

I rarely aspired for city life,

Loved village children, folks,

Getting respect means, to live working,

Fell ill, my mother, I took her to the city,

Seriously ill, got treated in hospital,

Hurting expenditure  on medicine costs,

She felt better the situation worsened,

How surprised Godsend, met you,

In doctor's apron, surmised quickly,

Kindly you stayed that night,

Treating my mother in delirium,

I looked at the screen graphs,

Dripping from the saline bottle by drop,

Each drop a second those seconds,

Apparent for me an age timeless,

I saw you are praying for her,

Unconscious, her limbs were inert,

You intimated to me her demise,

Hoarse whispering to my ear,

It was saturated with sadness,

I never cried during those moments,

Those seconds I felt empty, unreal,

Write this letter, my dear, to you,

Living alone in this world of wild grass,

Unwanted, only you came to me,

Hardly we can be united again,

This unlucky person posted a letter,

Sleeping in his beautiful home,

For days the door has not opened,

Perhaps he is sick, weak in heart,

Melancholy has been killing a lot,

The impetus to live be happy rootless,

Alarmed by a few knocks at the door,

A week since he posted his letter,

Opened the door and found her,

Accepted the proposal of marriage,

No more to perish life precious,

Kept in mind to marry someday,

She can't allow herself to lose him,

The school teacher listened to her,

Those seconds seemed motionless.

 

@ Bijayananda Mishra

 

 

No comments: