Friday, October 21, 2022

REBIRTH

 



REBIRTH

 

 

Disbelieve life is so mercurial,

Impossible to guess the direction,

Uncoiled time before me ecstatic,

I followed drunk whimsical happy,

Found unearthly treasure in me,

Discovered in my heart blossoming,

Red rose fragrant in vision, my love,

Budding youth saw the flowering,

Fascinated by feminine beauty,

Lost my time befriending girls,

University campus impetus really,

The campus canteen, garden,

The Interval at class lunch hours,

Passed with girlfriend in gossip,

Talks ever end, wait to be continued,

Examination arrival separates,

Quiet night alerted study remember,

Her face was floating on pages,

Closed books writings practiced,

Surprised it was ending in a letter,

Similar symptoms affected her,

We passed with success is the story,

Imprinted her presence in my heart,

Never could think of missing her,

The story of life ending is always tragic,

Friends in youth get separated,

Day in and day out occupied thoughts,

Time widens the distance sadly,

We were writing letters regularly, in love,

Waiting for marriage employment,

The home I saw in innumerous,

Couple with kids making fun,

Affected by envy was dreaming,

Salary of the first month I counted,

Home, marriage, child arrives,

A day came I decided to visit her,

Told her my arrival time date,

She was listening to me silently,

I didn't get her reply and failed to notice,

When knocking on her home, surprised,

She has gone to meet her parents,

Parents arranged a marriage proposal,

She never disclosed to me the fact,

The moment I surmised reality,

Rebellious in heart, I was shattered,

Felt the ground was moving under,

Imbalanced collapsed in a sock,

Disbelieve whom I once loved,

My soul revolted as if dying,

Thought earth was rotating fast,

I hold my head in both hands,

It was midnight alone on the road,

Could not recognize the place,

Shattered, careless sat on a bench,

The railway platform trains moving,

Saw people traveling, thought,

All of them have a destination,

Alone on a bench, I searched,

Where shall I go to die peacefully,

No more dreaming of a home, a couple,

Smiling at distant kids was unreal,

Miracle the incident calling mom,

How are you, dear child dad is sick,

Please come home and attend to him,

I found my duty and the destination,

The cold wind from an open window,

The train was moving fast, matched me,

Tears dried; I could see I was needed,

Not alone, my parent seeking me,

A sleep engulfing me, living worth,

Discovering for me the rebirth.

 

@ Bijayananda Mishra

Theme: Fiction

 

 

 

 

No comments: