Sunday, August 13, 2023

STILLNESS

 



STILLNESS

 

 

Uninvited, entered house, was quiet,

Silent, empty room impacted direct,

No sign of life, glossy old furniture,

Shining marble floor reflects allure,(1)

 

Called loudly, resounded my voice,

Book rack old books a good choice,

Looked around, about to back out,

A whispering noise reacted shout, (2)

 

Spilling blood from the bed cower,

A female lifeless felt lost all power,

Touched her wrist and got a feeble pulse,

Finger under her nose fear repulse, (3)

 

She is living life alert and enormous,

Called an ambulance, still curious,

Stayed with her in the hospital yet,

She fought for her life the whole night bet, (4)

 

Sat motionless near her alert mind,

Dripping saline and blood bottles,

Looking nurse the electronic gadget,

I failed to understand graphs detect, (5)

 

Spikes and curves only intimating,

She is alive but still in critical stages,

My eyelids felt heavy, and I slept unaware,

Dawn breaks doctor checked share, (6)

 

She is out of danger and stays for a week,

Alarmed, worried about her, meek,

Knew I cannot afford the cost or time,

Only a telephone call curious fine, (7)

 

Inform them to visit the house, to save,

Someone is dying pleaded, did wave,

Strange house and telephone call,

Now found the female survived all, (viii)

 

A week after payments, she cleared,

Relieved, revealed her sad story, cried,

Her only son was an engineer but died,

His death was a fatal accident so bad, (9)

 

Her husband expired a year ago,

In the mansion, she was alone, lonely,

News, depression shattered only,

Decided to cut short her life acted, (10)

 

Showed her bandaged wrist and cried,

Listening to her owes disaster visit,

Time stole her husband and son,

Confessed her guilt and lost intention, (11)

 

Her niece discovered a pool of blood,

My staff, so horrified, called for help,

Understood, shattered, denied to live,

I told sister acts Lord never forgive, (12)

 

You have to live His wishes allowed,

Sorrows cloud mind acts shadowed,

A highly educated sister introduced,

I accepted her as sister and induced, (13)

 

A decade passed back to my city now,

Visited here now mansion is a school,

She runs a primary school famous,

Children erased her sad past onerous, (13)

 

Her time passed educating children,

Stillness I felt in my heart smitten,

She survived and rebuilt her life, on my advice,

My hot tears, she hugged me twice. (14)

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Stillness

Themes: Sharply life turns loved stillness

Written: 13th August 2023, Cuttack

@ Copywrite 

 

No comments: