Friday, November 11, 2022

DARK TUNNEL

 



DARK TUNNEL

 

 

I watch you from the closest angle,

We were friends for a long time,

Our intimacy was deep lovely,

Understood mutual likings, dislikes,

Opened up before me, she disclosed,

Lingering acute desires unfolded,

Female shyness you shed trustingly,

Confide hoped tortured heart lighted,

Empties up bottled sorrows feminine,

Feared society, mates, family a much,

Wanted your heart to be a butterfly,

Taste freedom, savor the world so beautiful,

The soul rebellious to be conservative,

Cried your heart aloud to sing ecstatic,

Never your heart wanted the sweetheart,

Accept in due course, not family life,

Seldom she wanted to have children,

Willing not to take responsibility,

To be a mother,  employed, burdened,

Looked at your face, lost somewhere,

Unreal future scenes, you were lost,

Silent for a few minutes, murmuring,

I pricked you, called softly, hello,

I could see a trickle of tears in her eyes,

Why dear friend, you felt sobbing,

Mysterious, we are only two friends,

Never mean to exploit your heart,

To remain as friends, a railway track,

Our lives will run parallel, never to meet,

Be one a spirit the way you aspire,

Plunder your life as belongs to you,

I want to be single lifelong living,

My profession, nature, philanthropy,

I want to take up a job for stability,

My aspirations for trotting the globe,

Meet people record their customs,

Watch earth is panoramic unbelievable,

Freeze those visuals in glorious scenes,

I love my life as wondering free bird,

Family dreams for my marriage,

Feeling discomfort with my attitude,

Pressing me for the confined life,

Understand family customs, rituals,

Practice cooking, delicious dishes,

Know a book of rules, housewife reads,

Mom threatens very often scornful,

Comments, never bring shame to me,

Don't disrespect your papa, elders,

Obey their wishes docile silently,

Concerned now, I pressed her hand,

She rested her head on my shoulder,

Continued I am educated, confident,

I can lead my life and an independent,

I listened to her story, ambition,

Conveyed her firmly, follow your inclination,

The dark tunnel will family, parents,

Verily long for the lifespan to end,

You shall come out of the tunnel,

A lantern is the light of knowledge,

I shall be there to greet you eagerly,

Spread your wings alighted afire.

 

Title of Poem: Dark Tunnel

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Theme: Life encounters a tunnel

Date: 11th November 2022, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

No comments: