Wednesday, November 30, 2022

HER GIFT

 


HER GIFT

 

Opened chapter of life reminiscent,

Wounded-heart carries the scar lingers,

Confess the page of a book of life wronged,

Never could know the blunder till twilight,

The First chapter of life childhood, a village,

Lap of the nature succulent greens view,

My parents were loving, poor,

The only son, their heartache,  adoringly,

Pet of the mother her immense help,

My sickness time watched her near,

The touch care, recovers, links her,

The love experience realized divine,

Her anger, scolding less touched me,

Melts her concerns and worries with a hug,

Move to shop malls holding her,

Grew up with flying colors from school,

The page turned to doubt her secretly,

The whole village was taking an evil,

Just one-eyed, I started to observe,

The prejudice germinated in me,

Start hating her afterward, a witch,

Neighbors told, friends told, gossiped,

Rumors solidified in mind suspected,

Left the village for the city, ended graduation,

The third chapter of my life career family,

Established in a distant town settled,

Wealth, luxury, comfort nearer life,

Crossed famous name news to my village,

The village head visited me and honored me,

It was the evening of my life, the next chapter,

Agreed to go home to attend a function,

Life forgot the parents, teenage,

Never ashamed, let me with fate,

Villagers eloquently praised achievements,

Expressed their overwhelmed joy and love,

The function was over village head enquired,

Whether to visit home, meet your mother,

Still living old father no more present,

I knew the last cottage was mine well,

Agreed, went home, dark, silent,

Opened  the door and discovered her,

She was sleeping still inert and cold,

No more breathing, ma just departed,

A letter in her hand, a few pages,

Her handwritten addressed to me,

My son, I loved you in my life always,

You think of me as a one-eyed witch,

It is not correct you didn't know,

When you are a kind played cricket,

The ball hit your left eye, blinded,

I only gave my one eye it was operated,

Successes with a lot of costs got eyesight,

Your left eye is that of mine only,

Never told you this or never asked,

I came to know you hate me as evil,

Separated from us hungry for few days,

Hearing you are coming to the village,

Hope to visit home, my last hours,

Let you know your left eye is healthy,

Gift of mine I continue to see,

Feel my presence through the eye,

Not the chapter, the rest of the pages,

Repentance will hunt till the end,

Her gift, I could see the world.

My inconsolable blunders...

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Gift

Theme: An eye of mother gifted

Story: Fiction

Date: 28th November 2022, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

No comments: