Tuesday, November 15, 2022

SMITTEN

 





SMITTEN

 

 

Turns and twisted life is complex,

Surprised today myself speechless,

Could never understand my life,

Sizzled enough is simmering within,

Every thought memory impressions,

Changes instantly unfold anew,

Little could understand the meaning,

Embedded goodwill graces the unknown,

Arranged only protection survival hidden,

Devastates the dawn desires crumpled,

Shatter lingering hopes calms the mind,

Wait, wait, my dear soul, wait patiently,

Your urge within eliminates you,

Changing a path dawn hint elaborately,

Entwined mysterious paradigm changes,

Your heart cherishes different ways,

Discovers the most beautiful things,

A subtle devotional soul gets smitten,

Smite the past indistinct and forgotten,

Project divinity is never personified,

Stays like ordinary known to the life,

Linked so intimately close to the soul,

Fails culprit mind waylaid, thrilled,

Move far crosses continents decently,

Fly over the ocean future waits,

Waiting for a name famous due to prosperity,

Luxury and glamour are unachievable here,

Obscure town, dark lanes offer nil,

Elderly was  women under the veil liked,

Agreed infinite love and care unreal,

Mind told once me to warn sternly,

A morsel of rice bread keeps you alive,

You fail to understand hunger,

More painful than death drags,

Won't kill you quickly sutures pain,

You cry here loudly none can help,

Go to big cities continent apart soon,

You can mint gold enough to live,

Have your beautiful home gadgets,

Well clothed life will be secured,

More than past your dream to reality,

This occurred decades ago,

High-rise tower affluent apartment,

Every that is needed stuffed happy,

Alone watching my past fading,

There was aunty most beautiful woman,

Our neighbor loved me and had compassion,

Her caress and feathery touches were graceful,

Loving me so closely fond of my visits,

During my school days and college periods,

Her cakes and sweet dishes were delicious,

Bright dark eyes, long nose, smiles,

Under the veil kissing me blessed,

Aunty was childless, our neighbor,

I felt like her son and grew up,

Her lap, her loving eyes, stories,

Addicted to her companionships,

During my sickness, she used to sit,

Near to me remain awake all night,

Today I have got everything and more,

Single life far from family, my aunty,

Time distanced me farthest pain,

I  watch her photograph her age,

Wrinkled face etched age advancing,

Lonely childless mother, I probed,

Suffering these days tortured soul,

Bedridden for a few days, have a fever,

Felt so lonely my heart is smitten,

Decided that final to quit, go home,

Smitten for her love, childish closeness,

Can fulfill a divine duty to assist her.

 

Title of Poem: Smitten

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Theme: Smitten with a childhood love

Date: 14th November 2022, Cuttack

Courtesy: Google picture

@ Copywrite

 

No comments: