Sunday, November 27, 2022

PHONY




 PHONY

 

 

In the dead of night, it was silent,

Lost in lands of deep slumber,

Forgotten my existence reality,

Temporal seemingly nonexistent,

Soul metamorphose to butterfly,

Colorful wings fly to a dreamland,

It was ringing, melted into a surreal world,

Half-awake lifted the mobile phone,

A voice shrieked, called, please listen,

A female tone unknown floated in the air,

Left asleep, quite awake,  surprised,

Went off the call as suddenly it came,

Unknown number bewildered I felt,

Who can call me at this wee hour,

Not at all familiar surprised a lot,

Confused, slept again, ringing again,

It was the same voice pleading to hear,

It switched off again, left me perplexed,

Switched off the telephone if weird,

The day was disturbed felt hunting,

Please listen, please hear me,  repeatedly,

Switched-off the mobile completely,

Clueless tried to forget the episode,

The eerie incident that night lingered,

 Phony call Left me t myriad thoughts,

She must be a female at trouble called,

That night was mysterious for me,

She knew my phone number and tried,

Tried to contact me for help urgently,

It was not a dream number existed,

Suspense in suspension prevailed,

Accepted one of the calls, phony disturbed,

I was sitting in a restaurant having tea,

Sneaked out of busy office time jolly mood,

Singing silently, touchingly, who are you,

Calling me in the early morning fading soon,

O angel, let me meet you at least once,

Tell your owes, open your heart,

Listen to all your sorrows to solve them,

Phony voice why melted into thin air,

This left me curiosity confusing mostly,

Remained shadowy under the veil,

The thought stopped as suddenly,

As my sleep was disturbed by a call,

A decently dressed female politely asked,

Addressed me by calling my name,

Looked at puzzled never seen her,

She asked me to sit on the chair,

Then she told me she was my friend's wife,

My friend was the closest in the college,

She saw me, knew during her marriage,

Her husband was praising me always,

That night was the last day of his life,

Cancer terminated wish to talk,

To talk to me, she rung twice,

Her son, a doctor, switched off promptly,

Her son informed his father was no more,

Her husband's mobile was thrown into a river,

The phone call was phony,

Never could think it was for my pal,

At his last breath, he wished,

I held her hand clasped and cried.  

 

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Title of Poem: Phony

Theme: Phony call that was not

Story: Fiction

@ Copywrite

 

No comments: