Monday, November 7, 2022

ENTANGLED

 



ENTANGLED

 

 

Believed in me principle followed,

Life provided opportunities enough,

Friend's envy witnessed my success,

Knew hard labor pays ultimately,

Poor background, merit helped a lot,

Got immense help from society,

Provided me necessary funds to study,

Never asked anything in return,

These Godly faces disappeared slowly,

Gradual my aspiring heart asked more,

Surprised God willing obtained timely,

The education gave titles suffixes,

Career noteworthy skewed sharply,

Looking back on my upbringing in a slum,

Poor parents laborers very rare,

Wish their child to get educated,

Provided due care and love shelter,

Never felt hunger and trouble,

Success in school and scholarship,

Brought immense relief to parents,

I found a philanthropic source on merit,

By whom I could see life established,

The long story each day I bemused,

But fortunate, fate decided,

High profile careerist contemplates,

In silence, watched costly gadgets,

Never believed I could possess,

Today I have bungalow shiny costly,

Disbelief friends, visible aloofness,

Doubt in their mind If be recognized,

I love my root, old friends are gold,

Simple heart, innocently willing to help,

Telling my story, I find help friend,

The greatest solace, peace of my mind,

Faithful to the people I grew up with,

There was the girlfriend from my school,

I helped her with higher studies,

Unmarried research-scholar felt obliged,

We keep our friendship intact,

I find in life my life partner rich,

From a wealthy family established,

She was beautiful, educated too,

Loved my merit, less background,

We get married, family life is sweet,

Here we find our lacking childless,

My wife was desperate for a child,

For years medical science tried,

She conceived a child, fruitful,

On the day of delivery, the sad news,

The child and mother could not survive,

Long was operation only the failure,

I disbelieved this incident for a few days,

A gradual change I could not detect,

Border of madness felt life is ending,

Gave everything I had to relatives,

Left my home the time was so depressing,

I roamed the streets alone, cried out for her,

Hoped against hope, she will return,

Searched the dead-of-night corner of streets,

Madly sleeping in the street.

One day my girlfriend collected me,

Sheltered me with food, clothes,

Entangled to her sympathy passing time,

Years passed looked at the  calendar,

Entangle sad life miraculously survived.

 

Title of Poem:  Entangled

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Theme: Friend a rope life is entangled

Date: 6th November 2022, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

No comments: