Tuesday, November 8, 2022

SHADOW

 



SHADOW

 

Telling the truth of life honestly,

When life gets extinguished,

The shadow that follows always,

Loses its existence in the world,

Surprising it is called a ghost,

The signature for existence is sacred,

I find the shadows of a big tree,

Sit often under the tree in the shade,

Not only cool in hot summer,

The peace and subtle happiness flow,

Fiery hot winds get discipline,

The breeze induces sleep restfulness,

Forget myself, watched the open field,

Find cattle taking rest at midday,

In life, surprisingly found the shadow,

Not physically, but on my mental plane,

Here is a woman, my life partner,

Why she named the better half,

Felt her existence me her shadows,

Looked at her love promised me,

To walk hand in hand life long,

It happened to my parents,

Generations scripted eloquently,

The service is  priceless and invaluable,

The cement that holds family stronger,

Procreation God defined duty,

The mother is brick for the motherland,

The first teacher for every citizen,

Undeniable instill human character,

A pure, virtuous, loving heart acquires,

Human knows to tolerate or struggle,

Watch her from close her watchful eyes,

Watching always alert for her children,

Countless services for children,

Human society fails to pay back,

She feeds the nation with a leader,

In every sector of work, a mother inspires,

I find her presence in my life,

Felt like her shadow basking in love,

Never seen love any substance,

Only experienced love reason for life,

Life survives, grows, and prospers,

The shadows on someone's head,

Never felt its existence enriching,

Amazed, the established famous spirit,

The spine of the stout man is his wife,

Inconspicuous behind the  limelight,

Her support, same as the shade of trees,

Any leader can well recline breaths,

The place is her bosom stubborn,

Happily drinks her husband's worries,

Share has a meaning I found,

Behind her, my wife steals pain,

I saw her pale face fight to hide,

If there is any worry, her husband,

Minute observation, rest, medicines,

Ever tries to intrude into mind-space,

Comforts  her husband, forces him to sleep,

The first person to take pride in victory,

An accident that became a disaster,

I survived near death fought only,

In a state of delirium, unaware of the state,

My life was on the knife edge of life and death,

Not for a day or weeks, but a whole year,

A damaged brain and age troublesome,

Six years passed, and I recovered knew,

All the time I was under her shadow,

She brought back my life, defeated fate,

Ink fails to elaborate on her service, care,

Entangled my diminishing hope,

Her shadow was the rope,

Snatched me out of teeth of death.

 

Title of Poem:  Shadow

Pen: Bijayananda Mishra

Theme: Wife's presence in life

Date: 7th November 2022, Cuttack

@ Copywrite

 

 

No comments: